We are looking for a highly motivated and well-rounded Data Engineer to join our data team. This position will support and maintain the firm’s strategic Data Warehouse, SQL/NoSQL database assets, and data ingestion and integration processes.
A qualified candidate should be well versed in all aspects of the data engineering, have string analytical and technical problem-solving skills, have programming and debugging experience in an Enterprise environment. The candidate must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work well within a team environment. Candidates must be self-directed, confident, and able to perform tasks of moderate to high complexity working both independently and within a larger team, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues concisely. Candidates will be expected to create and shape technical documents with moderate to complex designs with minimal guidance and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tools set to solve client needs.
This team focuses on analyzing and leveraging internal and external data sources, to build state-of-the-art systems that give competitive advantage to the firm’s investment professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the portfolio managers, traders, and research analysts, and learn about the investment management process from some of best and highly respected investment professionals in the industry.
- Enhance existing data platform and create new data solutions for firm’s most important business priorities
- Work closely with investment professionals and data scientists to create a modern data platform for the next generation decision making and predictive analytics tools
- Develop and support on-premise and cloud based data ingestion and processing infrastructure
- Enhancements & Support for existing BI platform, Data Warehouse and Data Pipelines
- Perform architecture and code reviews of work performed by on and offshore resources to ensure secure, quality deliverables
- Work with cloud migration team, Information Security, and BA’s to build out new applications, and migrate existing applications to external cloud
- Partner closely with on and offshore technical resources
- Help create and execute on a technical strategic roadmap for leveraging new streaming data technologies to generate accurate and timely insights for our investment professionals
- Experience working with and creating medium-to-large scale data architectures
- Solid understanding of databases, data transformations, and data storage techniques
- Command of different types of data architectures and data storage technologies, and when to use what
- Experience working with Server/Serverless Cloud database technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, or BigQuery
- Any working experience with Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, Kafka streams is a plus
- Experience designing data schema and operating internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficient with current web scraping technologies
- Familiarity with Kimball / Star data warehousing design is a plus
- Familiarity with reporting technologies / data visualization is a plus
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- Solid command of software design & architectural patterns
- Must possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability in developing relationships with stakeholders, communicating project/program status, and understanding detailed business requirements
- Experience with Big Data & Steaming technologies is a plus
- Can-do attitude; willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion
- Creative problem-solving ability and sound judgment – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility for decisions
- Reliable and collaborative team member
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong team player with interpersonal skills to interact with all levels