Senior Software Engineer
Position Overview: Our client has invested heavily in recent years aligning their internal data model into a service-oriented architecture while selectively migrating applications and data stores to a cloud-based model. We have made the decision to replace our core internal accounting system over that same time frame with an outsourced provider and are looking to continue our push to the cloud as part of that functional change. We’re looking for a full stack engineer to help us align our change from a traditional deployed software model into an AWS service-oriented architecture
- Individual contributor in a scrum team model where we are vertically aligned with an internal Investment Operations business customer
- Collaborate with other engineers to build new cloud-based applications to support ongoing business initiatives
- Provide hands on technical support for business applications and processes the team builds and owns
- Maintain and monitor the data operations and data integrity across multiple platforms associated with the business applications we support.
- Ability to operate in an Agile SDLC model.
- Collaborate with peers, Business Analysts, Development, Infrastructure teams, and other business units as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and technical work experience
- 10+ years of experience in an IT organization
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architectures
- Practical experience building data abstraction layers using APIs.
- Good understanding of DevOps principles: automated testing, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, scalable cloud infrastructure, monitoring, and logging
- Good experience with securing applications, APIs, and data, including secrets management
- Good experience with data modeling and data warehousing principles
- Required Technical Skillsets: SQL Server, .NET/C#, AWS, CI/CD
- Other Desired Skillsets: Terraform, Git, Okta, SSIS, Snowflake, Consul, Vault, Python
- Experience in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence tools like PowerBI and Tableau a plus!
- Prior experience in asset management, while not required, a plus