Our Boston based Financial Services firm is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute test cases supporting trade order systems. May develop high level test plans. Documents problems identified in testing and reports results. Manages the execution of multiple, complex test plans by preparing assignments, providing training and guidance and reviewing activities to ensure quality standards are met. Diagnoses system problems and recommends solutions. Participates in the definition and design of new systems and enhancements. Serves as a technical, subject matter resource for testing, systems and business line staff. Performs test preparation activities, including developing test schedules and defining expected test results. Compares test results to expected results. Documents and tracks bugs, problems and limitations and retests. Composes and disseminates software release notes prior to production implementation.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
• Understanding of investment banking portfolio management, trading, compliance, analytics in FI INDEX
• Senior Business analyst or QA Analyst with experience in implementing Charles River IMS and extensive asset management experience especially trading/cash/new mandates workflows.
• Experience translating functional business requirements to technical specifications (preferably in the finance, accounting, derivative or portfolio management sectors)
• Candidates last project should be with investment banking/asset management
• Finance, Investments, Portfolio Management, Portfolio Construction, Front office compliance, Risk Management and major Capital Markets Exposure. Candidates last project should be with investment banking.
• Agile knowledge, Project management, ability to manage high profile programs.
Candidate must be able to work as part of a large IT Team with multiple stakeholders and should have demonstrated good problem solving skills.
• Candidate with Manual testing, SQL knowledge, Expertise in UI automation and database automation tools like UFT and Python, Performance tools experience like JMeter ; Proficient in Excel Macros & knowledge in Java; Must be experienced with all aspects of test life cycle - writing test plans and cases, test execution, defect triage, reports and metrics.
• Experience using HP ALM/QC and Xray for test case management and Jira for issue management
• Ability to work in a high stress environment with front line portfolio managers
• A strong demonstrable record of customer service. The consultant will need to understand customer needs and build effective relationships. The consultant must be able to convey plans, issues and concerns to clients and team members in clear, logical and concise manner.
• Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
• Candidate with recent experience in QA for front office applications especially a Portfolio Construction tool.